Frosted Ginger Cookies Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4-1/2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in molasses and vanilla; mix well. Combine dry ingredients; gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 325° for 12-15 minutes or until cookies spring back when touched lightly (do not overbake). Remove to wire racks.
- For frosting, in a large saucepan, bring the brown sugar, milk and butter to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute. Remove from the heat (mixture will look curdled at first). Cool for 3 minutes. Add confectioners' sugar, vanilla and salt; mix well. Frost warm cookies. Yield: about 6 dozen.
Reviews for Frosted Ginger Cookies(8)
Sort By :
I'm glad I have friends because if I couldn't have given away most of the batch, I would have eaten all the cookies. Plus, they stayed fresh for several days.
Can't remember when I made them, it's been at least a year.. and my husband just asked for them again. Definitely a keeper
This is right at the "top of the list" favorite cookie I make for my family! Marie Olson,Amboy,MN
A family favorite at Christmas time.
I was looking for a new cookie recipe for my care packages and goodie baskets, when I came across these cookies. The smell was heavenly and the cookies were soft and sinfully delicious. They were a hit with both kids and adults alike. I used them with and without frosting with great success and cannot keep up with the requests.