Frosted Fudge Brownies Recipe
- 1 cup plus 3 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2-2/3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup milk
- 1. In a saucepan, melt butter. Remove from the heat. Stir in cocoa; cool. In a large bowl, beat eggs and sugar until blended. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to egg mixture. Stir in vanilla and the cooled chocolate mixture until well blended.
- 2. Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25-28 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean (do not overbake). Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. For frosting, in a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in cocoa and vanilla. Add enough milk until the frosting achieves spreading consistency. Spread over brownies. Cut into bars. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 277 calories, 13 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 68 mg cholesterol, 248 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Frosted Fudge Brownies
"Fantastic. Best brownie recipe ever and easy to make. Added chocolate chips (as if there weren't enough chocolate) at husband's request. Amazing!"
"These were perfect. First attempt at non-boxed brownies and they were a hit with the whole family!"
"These are the most delicious brownies you'll ever make! I never bother to buy a mix anymore! The frosting is what makes these brownies outstanding! Try them and see for yourself,and you won't be disappointed. I've been making these brownies for several years"
"Too cakey for me. I thought they'd be chewy with the word fudge in the name."
"These are delicious!"
"Very delicious brownie.. Not too rich...just right!"
"Best brownies I've ever made. Definately a 5-star recipe. I added a little extra confectioners sugar to the icing and added some chopped pecans for the top. YUM!"
"The best brownies I have ever had!"
"the best brownies i ever make.............."
"the best brownies i ever make"
"Excellent recipe that I have madeMany times. Very easy to whip up with ingredients already on hand."
"These are my favorite brownies (when I'm not wanting a nut-less kind). They're so rich that it really satisfies that chocolate craving!"
"These brownies would be really good but my personal opinion about this recipe is that the teaspoon of salt should be cut to 1/2 teaspoon and the butter to use is unsalted butter then next time some one try this recipe a teaspoon of salt would be perfect"
"These brownies would be really but my personal opinion about this recipe is that the teaspoon of salt should be cut to 1/2 teaspoon and the butter to use is unsalted butter then next time some one try this recipe a teaspoon of salt would be perfect"
"They were good...just turned out kinda cake like...like mine chewy!"
"These were amazing! They stayed moist and yummy for several days . . . and they only lasted that long because I hid them! Next time, though, I'll probably half the frosting. The recipe made WAY more than I needed, but it was good for use on other things like cupcakes."
"Oh my....these are so yummy and fudgy. I wouldn't change a thing. Definately took care of my chocolate craving!!"
"I love these brownies! My husband is a youth pastor and when I bring these treats for the kids they love them!! Lots of icing, if I was just making them for myself, I would maybe half the icing, but everyone else seems to love all the icing!"
"Oh my goodness, these brownies are so delicious, I couldn't stay out of them!"
"I've been making this brownies for a few years now. They never last very long at any gathering that I bring them to. And I always get people asking for the recipe."