Frosted Fruit Gelatin
I like to serve this combination of fruit, Jell-O and cream cheese as a salad with a main dish or as a light refreshing dessert. My close friend Joanie shared the recipe after I raved about it.
Reeds Spring, Missouri
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) raspberry gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple
- 1-1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- 3 to 4 medium firm banana, sliced
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Drain pineapple,
- reserving juice in a measuring cup. Add enough water to the juice to
- measure 1 cup; stir into gelatin mixture. Stir in pineapple and
- Place bananas in a 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Pour gelatin mixture over
- bananas. Cover and refrigerate until firm.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sour cream and sugar until
- smooth. Spread over gelatin. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Sprinkle with walnuts. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 368 calories, 19 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 50 mg cholesterol, 123 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein.