Frosted Fruit Gelatin Salad
Shares field editor Sherry Hulsman of Louisville, Kentucky, "I often take this fruity salad to potlucks and other gatherings. With its fluffy topping, it's always popular."
9 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 can (15 ounces) blueberries
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened pineapple tidbits
- 1 package (.6 ounce) sugar-free raspberry gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 package (8 ounces) fat-free cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Drain blueberries and pineapple, reserving juice; set fruit aside. In
- a bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Add enough water to
- reserved fruit juices to measure 1-1/4 cups; stir into gelatin.
- Chill until partially set. Stir in reserved fruit. Pour into an
- 8-in. square dish. Refrigerate until firm.
- In a bowl, combine cream cheese and sour cream. Beat in sugar and
- vanilla. Carefully spread over the gelatin. Refrigerate until
- serving. Yield: 9 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving equals 125 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 191 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fruit.