Frosted Fruit Gelatin Salad Recipe
Shares field editor Sherry Hulsman of Louisville, Kentucky, "I often take this fruity salad to potlucks and other gatherings. With its fluffy topping, it's always popular."
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. + chilling YIELD:9 servings
- 1 can (15 ounces) blueberries
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened pineapple tidbits
- 1 package (.6 ounce) sugar-free raspberry gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 package (8 ounces) fat-free cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. Drain blueberries and pineapple, reserving juice; set fruit aside. In a bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Add enough water to reserved fruit juices to measure 1-1/4 cups; stir into gelatin. Chill until partially set. Stir in reserved fruit. Pour into an 8-in. square dish. Refrigerate until firm.
- 2. In a bowl, combine cream cheese and sour cream. Beat in sugar and vanilla. Carefully spread over the gelatin. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 9 servings.
One serving equals 125 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 191 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fruit.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC