Frosted Fruit Gelatin Salad Recipe
Shares field editor Sherry Hulsman of Louisville, Kentucky, "I often take this fruity salad to potlucks and other gatherings. With its fluffy topping, it's always popular."
- 1 can (15 ounces) blueberries
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened pineapple tidbits
- 1 package (.6 ounce) sugar-free raspberry gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 package (8 ounces) fat-free cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Drain blueberries and pineapple, reserving juice; set fruit aside. In a bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Add enough water to reserved fruit juices to measure 1-1/4 cups; stir into gelatin. Chill until partially set. Stir in reserved fruit. Pour into an 8-in. square dish. Refrigerate until firm.
- In a bowl, combine cream cheese and sour cream. Beat in sugar and vanilla. Carefully spread over the gelatin. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Frosted Gelatin Salad in Taste of Home February/March 2001, p16
Reviews for Frosted Fruit Gelatin Salad(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 21, 2010
I had a jell-o dessert like this about a year ago and have been hunting for the recipe since. This tastes just like it and I love it!