Frosted Fruit Gelatin Dessert Recipe
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 2 cups plus 2 tablespoons cranberry juice, divided
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1-1/2 cups sliced firm bananas
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup (8 ounces) fat-free plain yogurt
- 1. Measure 1-1/8 teaspoons gelatin; set aside for topping. In a small saucepan, sprinkle remaining gelatin over cold water; let stand for 1 minute. Cook over low heat, stirring until gelatin is completely dissolved. Remove from the heat; stir in 2 cups cranberry juice and orange juice.
- 2. Place the pineapple and bananas in an 8-in. square dish coated with cooking spray. Pour juice mixture over fruit. Cover and refrigerate for 45-60 minutes or until firm.
- 3. For topping, in a small saucepan, sprinkle reserved gelatin over remaining cranberry juice; let stand for 1 minute. Stir in sugar. Cook over low heat, stirring until completely dissolved. Place the yogurt in a bowl; stir in cranberry mixture. Spread over gelatin. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Yield: 9 servings.
1 piece: 114 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 25mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1-1/2 fruit
Reviews for Frosted Fruit Gelatin Dessert
"I'm not too sure of the calorie or sugar count for this dessert as there is a lot of sugar in cranberry juice."