Frosted Fruit Gelatin Recipe
I like to serve this combination of fruit, Jell-O and cream cheese as a salad with a main dish or as a light refreshing dessert. My close friend Joanie shared the recipe after I raved about it. -Sonja Blow Reeds Spring, Missouri
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) raspberry gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple
- 1-1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- 3 to 4 medium firm banana, sliced
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup Diamond of California Chopped Walnuts
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Drain pineapple, reserving juice in a measuring cup. Add enough water to the juice to measure 1 cup; stir into gelatin mixture. Stir in pineapple and blueberries.
- Place bananas in a 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Pour gelatin mixture over bananas. Cover and refrigerate until firm.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sour cream and sugar until smooth. Spread over gelatin. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Sprinkle with walnuts. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Frosted Fruit Gelatin in Taste of Home August/September 2004, p42
Reviews for Frosted Fruit Gelatin(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 3, 2011
This Jell-O is fantastic! My whole family loves it. You can use a variety of different fruits and flavors of gelatin. The secret is in the topping. Yum!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Berry Recipes >
- Blueberry Desserts >
- Blueberry Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Gelatin Desserts >
- Jello Desserts >
- Jello Gelatin Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Quick Desserts >