Holiday hostess Robin Olson from Gaithersburg, Maryland looks forward to finding a trayful of these sweet and spicy treats at her Christmas cookie swap every December.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 5 teaspoons whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- White baking chocolate, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and extracts. In another bowl, combine flour, nutmeg and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Divide dough into 10 equal portions; roll each into a 15-in. log. Cut each log into five 3-in. pieces. Place on lightly greased baking sheets. Bake until set, 10-12 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- For frosting, beat confectioners' sugar, butter, milk and extract until smooth. Dip ends of cookies in frosting; dip half in finely chopped white chocolate. Place on waxed paper until set. Store in an airtight container. Yield: About 4 dozen.
Originally published as Eggnog Logs in Country Woman December/January 2008, p35
Reviews for Frosted Eggnog Logs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review