Holiday hostess Robin Olson from Gaithersburg, Maryland looks forward to finding a trayful of these sweet and spicy treats at her Christmas cookie swap every December.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- VANILLA FROSTING:
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 5 teaspoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and extracts. Combine the flour, nutmeg and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Divide dough into 10 equal portions. Roll each into a 15-in. log. Cut each log into five 3-in. pieces. Place on lightly greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- In a small bowl, beat the butter, confectioners' sugar, milk and extract until smooth. Dip ends of cookies in frosting, then in pecans. Place on waxed paper until set. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 50 cookies.
Originally published as Eggnog Logs in Country Woman December/January 2008, p35
Reviews for Frosted Eggnog Logs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review