- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 ounces white baking chocolate, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cream butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and extracts. In another bowl, combine flour, nutmeg and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Divide dough into 10 equal portions; roll each into a log 15 in. long. Cut each log into five 3-in. pieces. Bake on lightly greased baking sheets until set, 10-12 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- For frosting, beat confectioners' sugar, butter, milk and vanilla until smooth. Dip ends of cookies in frosting, then dip in finely chopped white chocolate. Place on waxed paper until set. Store in an airtight container. Yield: About 4 dozen.
Originally published as Eggnog Logs in Country Woman December/January 2008, p35
Reviews for Frosted Eggnog Logs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review