Frosted Eggnog Cookies Recipe
Eggnog stars in both the cookie and frosting in this new-found recipe, imparting a subtle holiday flavor.—Amanda Taylor, Glen Ewen, Saskatchewan
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling YIELD:160 servings
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup eggnog
- 5-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup eggnog
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggnog. Combine flour, baking soda and nutmeg; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Shape into four 10-in. rolls; wrap each in plastic wrap. Refrigerate overnight.
- 2. Preheat oven to 375°. Unwrap and cut into 1/4-in. slices. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 8-10 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- 3. For icing, in a large bowl, beat butter until fluffy. Add confectioners' sugar and eggnog; beat until smooth. Frost cookies. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 13-1/2 dozen.
1 cookie equals 50 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 19 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1/2 starch.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC