- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup eggnog
- 5-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup eggnog
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggnog. Combine flour, baking soda and nutmeg; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Shape into four 10-in. rolls; wrap each in plastic wrap. Refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Unwrap and cut into 1/4-in. slices. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 8-10 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- For icing, in a large bowl, beat butter until fluffy. Add confectioners' sugar and eggnog; beat until smooth. Frost cookies. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 13-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Frosted Eggnog Cookies
Sort By :
"A great cookie! It will be one of our holiday favorites from here on out!"
"These cookies were dry and not that tasty. Frosting was good though.Won't be making again."
"These were great. I halved the recipe and added a little bit of nutmeg to the icing. Very easy recipe with great results! I baked my first batch for 7 minutes and they were a bit overdone. 5 minutes seems to be just right. They stay really light, so watch carefully. You don't want to overcook these or they get dry. 8-10 minutes is way too long."
"iam a egg nog lover but, these cookies just didnt make the grade. Too sweet and not a good flavor. plus made too many cookies and took alot of time to make."
"These were a HIT!! I was looking for a new recipe that wasn't TOO labor intensive and this fit the bill! I'm heavy-handed with the frosting so I ran a little short on that but otherwise a GREAT recipe that everyone loved!"