Eggnog stars in both the cookie and frosting in this new-found recipe, imparting a subtle holiday flavor.—Amanda Taylor, Glen Ewen, Saskatchewan
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup eggnog
- 5-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup eggnog
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggnog. Combine flour, baking soda and nutmeg; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Shape into four 10-in. rolls; wrap each in plastic wrap. Refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Unwrap and cut into 1/4-in. slices. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 8-10 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- For icing, in a large bowl, beat butter until fluffy. Add confectioners' sugar and eggnog; beat until smooth. Frost cookies. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 13-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Eggnog Cookies in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2010, p138
Reviews for Frosted Eggnog Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review