Frosted Double Decker Brownies Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 to 3 tablespoons milk
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in walnuts.
- 2. Divide batter in half. Stir chocolate into one portion; spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Spread remaining batter evenly over top.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan. Cool on a wire rack.
- 4. In a microwave, melt butter and chocolate; stir until smooth. Stir in the confectioners' sugar, vanilla and enough milk to reach spreading consistency. Frost brownies; cut into bars. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 each: 190 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 125mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Frosted Double Decker Brownies
"I made these for a gathering, and they were very well recieved."
"As the recipe's title suggests, these do go over very well with boys and men. When I made them, that is not to say they were not enjoyed by everyone. :) After taking them to a friends house, I was asked for the recipe."