Carol Gillespie from Chambersburg, Pennsylvania notes, "You'll never want to try another brownie recipe after eating these delicious treats."
- 1 package fudge brownie mix (13-inch x 9-inch pan size)
- 1/2 cup white baking chips
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon orange extract
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate
- 1 ounce semisweet chocolate
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons milk
- Prepare brownies according to package directions for cakelike brownies; fold in white chips. Spread half of the batter in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in egg, flour and orange extract.
- Carefully spread cream cheese mixture over batter. Drop remaining brownie batter by tablespoonfuls over cream cheese layer. Cut through batter with a knife to swirl.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out almost clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- For frosting, in a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate and butter; stir until smooth. Cool slightly; stir in confectioners' sugar and enough milk to achieve spreading consistency. Frost brownies. Yield: 16 brownies.
Originally published as Cream Cheese Brownies in Taste of Home August/September 2003, p50
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Frosted Cream Cheese Brownies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review