Frosted Cranberry Gelatin Salad Recipe
Covered with a fluffy white topping, squares of this fruity gelatin salad can be served as a side dish or dessert.
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) lemon gelatin
- 1 cup ginger ale, chilled
- 1 can (14 ounces) jellied cranberry sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped peeled tart apple
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 envelope whipped topping mix (Dream Whip)
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1. Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set pineapple aside. Add enough water to juice to measure 1 cup. Pour into a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Carefully pour into a large bowl; stir in gelatin until dissolved. Add ginger ale. Refrigerate until syrupy, about 45 minutes.
- 2. Combine the cranberry sauce, apple, celery and reserved pineapple; fold into gelatin mixture. Transfer to a 9-in. square dish. Refrigerate until firm.
- 3. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until fluffy. Prepare whipped topping mix according to package directions; fork into cream cheese mixture. Spread over gelatin. Sprinkle with pecans. Yield: 9-12 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 265 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 102 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC