Frosted Cranberry Drop Cookies Recipe
Shirley Kidd started making these treats after tasting a batch her friend whipped up. "I immediately requested the recipe and have been baking them by the dozens ever since," she enthuses from her home in New London, Minnesota. "The icing is an ideal complement to the tart berries in the cookies."
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2-1/2 cups chopped fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup butter
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 to 4 tablespoons hot water
- 1. In a bowl, cream butter and sugars. Add milk, egg and orange juice; mix well. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda; add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in cranberries and nuts.
- 2. Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire racks.
- 3. For frosting, heat the butter in a saucepan over low heat until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Cool for 2 minutes; transfer to a small bowl. Add sugar and vanilla. Beat in water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until frosting reaches desired consistency. Frost the cookies. Yield: about 5 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 202 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 120 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Frosted Cranberry Drop Cookies
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC