Frosted Cookie Brownies Recipe
- 1 tube (18 ounces) refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 6 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1. Press cookie dough into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine the marshmallows, chips and butter; cook and stir over low heat until melted and smooth. Transfer to a large bowl; cool. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually stir into marshmallow mixture. Stir in nuts.
- 3. Spread over cookie crust. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- 4. For frosting, in a small saucepan, combine the marshmallows, milk, butter and chocolate. Cook and stir over low heat until smooth. Remove from the heat; beat in confectioners' sugar until smooth. Frost brownies. Cut into bars. Yield: 15 servings.
1 cups: 654 calories, 36g fat (17g saturated fat), 107mg cholesterol, 309mg sodium, 81g carbohydrate (59g sugars, 3g fiber), 8g protein.
Reviews for Frosted Cookie Brownies
"Took these to work potluck and ran out right away were too good."
"These are a bit of work to make but worth it. They are very rich but cut into small pieces and they look great on the plate. I cook the cookie part for only 5 minutes otherwise they are to overcooked when they go in the second time. I have also made them with home made choc chip cookie dough but did need to cook that layer the full 10 minutes."
"This recipe was a definite crowd pleaser for my large family. The finished product looks like it would take hours to make but it's actually quite simple. My 13 and 15 year old made it, and we devoured it!"
"These brownies were great.."
"Very very good! Received several compliments and recipe requests on these. They look awesome just like the picture . :-)"
"made these this morning simple and look just like picture and taste good also"
"Brownies are very very good!!"
"These were soooooo good!! Good thing they're not for me. Otherwise I wouldn't be able to stop eating them. It was easy and fun to make. If you're looking for something to make for a small get together or an easy dish for a party, make these!"
"These were by far the best brownies I have ever made. I took theses to a potluck and I should have printed the recipe because I received so many requests! If you are looking for an amazing brownie recipe...your search stops here. THANK YOU...AMAZING!!!!"
"Omg perfection on a plate! I doubled the recipe and try were the first to go."
"these are awesome, just don't look at the calories. Cut them smaller, 15 out of that huge pan is not very many, I can get 24 or more. Very rich."
"These are wonderful! A work place favorite and a family treat. Thank you!"
"My family and friends think these brownies are wonderful! I would have voted for them to be first place winners! But to me this is everything a brownie is suppose to be- blonde brownies are just cake wanting to be as good as a brownie! Thanks for the wonderful recipe!"
" I'm glad you enjoyed them as much as my family does. I think it's great that there is such a wonderful place to share recipes as well as life stories!
"In making this I found that 16oz of cookie dough didn't cover the pan so I had to add more.I cut this into small pieces as it is so rich. took to work and came home with an empty plate and had to send the link to may who said they had to have the recipe. AWESOME Loved it!!!"
"This is good FOR REAL! :D"