Frosted Cocoa Cookies Recipe
"Almond flavor in the chocolate frosting accents these soft cookies nicely," says Diane Moran, a rancher from Rhame, North Dakota. "My husband and two sons gobble them up quickly!"
- 1 cup shortening
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup baking cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 to 4 tablespoons milk
- 1. In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- 2. Roll into 1-1/2-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 13-16 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- 3. For frosting, in a small bowl, combine the butter, confectioners' sugar, cocoa and extract. Add enough milk to achieve desired consistency. Drizzle over cookies. Yield: 3-1/2 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 357 calories, 14 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 49 mg cholesterol, 275 mg sodium, 55 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Frosted Cocoa Cookies
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC