Frosted Cinnamon-Raisin Biscuits Recipe
I created this recipe several years ago after sampling something similar at a popular chain restaurant. These easy drop biscuits are a great accompaniment to a country-style breakfast.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 to 5 teaspoons warm water
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients; cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in buttermilk just until moistened. Turn onto a floured surface; sprinkle with raisins and cinnamon. Knead 8-10 times (cinnamon will have a marbled appearance).
- 2. Drop batter into 12 mounds 2 in. apart on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 12-16 minutes or until golden brown.
- 3. For frosting, combine the sugar, butter, vanilla and enough water to achieve desired consistency. Frost warm biscuits. Serve immediately. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 each: 235 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 324mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein
Reviews for Frosted Cinnamon-Raisin Biscuits
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC