- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1-1/2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 3 to 5 teaspoons warm water
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients; cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in buttermilk just until moistened. Turn onto a floured surface; sprinkle with raisins and cinnamon. Knead 8-10 times (cinnamon will have a marbled appearance).
- Drop batter into 12 mounds 2 in. apart on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 12-16 minutes or until golden brown.
- For frosting, combine the sugar, butter, vanilla and enough water to achieve desired consistency. Frost warm biscuits. Serve immediately. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Frosted Cinnamon-Raisin Biscuits in Best of Country Breads 2000, p96
Reviews for Frosted Cinnamon-Raisin Biscuits
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review