Frosted Chocolate Delights Recipe
Before we five kids headed off to school each day, Mom took our requests for that day's dinner. I usually asked her to make these cookies for dessert, and she would rarely disappoint. I still enjoy them today. —Patricia Ramczyk, Appleton, Wisconsin
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 9 tablespoons butter, softened
- 4-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 6 to 8 tablespoons milk
- 1. In a large bowl, cream shortening and brown sugar. Beat in the egg, milk and vanilla. Beat in chocolate until blended. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda; gradually add to the creamed mixture. Stir in walnuts.
- 2. Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 11-13 minutes or until firm. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- 3. For frosting, in a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in vanilla and enough milk to achieve spreading consistency. Frost cooled cookies. Yield: 5-1/2 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 190 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 97 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Frosted Chocolate Delights
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC