Frosted Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Recipe
“Heavenly” is a good description for this luscious dessert, conveniently made a day ahead. When I don’t have a candy bar on hand, I melt ¾ cup of chocolate chips to use in the frosting. Whipped cream can be used in place of the whipped topping.—Arlene Butler, Ogden, Utah
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 40 min. Bake: 55 min. + chilling YIELD:12 servings
- 2 cups chocolate wafer crumbs
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup (6 ounces) miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 milk chocolate candy bar (4 ounces), chopped
- 2 cups whipped topping
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1. In a small bowl, combine wafer crumbs and butter. Press onto the bottom and 1-1/2 in. up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Chill for 15 minutes or until set.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in chocolate chips. Pour into crust.
- 3. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 325° for 55-60 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 4. For frosting, in a microwave-safe bowl, melt candy bar; stir until smooth. Cool to room temperature. Gradually stir in whipped topping. Frost top of cheesecake; garnish with almonds. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 442 calories, 26 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 92 mg cholesterol, 247 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC