Frosted Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Recipe
- 2 cups chocolate wafer crumbs
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup (6 ounces) miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 milk chocolate candy bar (4 ounces), chopped
- 2 cups whipped topping
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1. In a small bowl, combine wafer crumbs and butter. Press onto the bottom and 1-1/2 in. up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Chill for 15 minutes or until set.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in chocolate chips. Pour into crust.
- 3. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 325° for 55-60 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 4. For frosting, in a microwave-safe bowl, melt candy bar; stir until smooth. Cool to room temperature. Gradually stir in whipped topping. Frost top of cheesecake; garnish with almonds. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 442 calories, 26 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 92 mg cholesterol, 247 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Reviews for Frosted Chocolate Chip Cheesecake
"Several years ago I decided cheesecake was going to be my holiday dish. It was pretty disastrous for a while, and after quite a few bad recipes I was about to give up and try a new signature food. Then I found this recipe! Now, not only am I always asked to bring a cheesecake, my husband always requests this one."
"I made this back in 2007 and rated it "excellent!"...my highest rating. I like cheesecakes that have a topping since it covers any cracks that might happen!"
"It was delicious, and easy too!! I used a store-bought Oreo crust (which tasted great, but was too small to hold the filling), as I could not find plain chocolate wafer crumbs. Does it work just as well to grind up whole Oreo cookies?"
"I tried this several years ago and have made it COUNTLESS times since. It is ALWAYS a hit and is appropriate for any dinner, either fancy or plain. I LOVE this recipe and have gotten so many recipe requests. I also serve it when I have company :)"
"My aunt made this last year at Thanksgiving and shared the recipe with me. I make it every time we have a celebration. It's a little tedious, but it's well worth it."
"This was my very first Cheesecake that I made ever! Well it was a huge hit! It didn't last long and it was so pretty! I used a store bought Oreo crust instead of what the recipe called for which made it extra yummy! Loved it!!!! :) Will be making this again at Thanksgiving!"
"I have made this recipe several times, including for our church's Valentine Banquet one year. Great flavor and looks nice, too!"
"I've been making this cheesecake for years, with & without the frosting. It is amazing every time! Love it, Love it!"
"Everybody loved this cheesecake. However, the crust it too hard/crispy. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. I followed the exact recipe."
"I've made several different cheesecakes, and this is one of my very favorites. I love the creaminess of it, and I love the lighter, mousse-like frosting in contrast with the denser cheesecake. This is a cheesecake recipe I've made several times, and people always love it. I highly recommend this recipe."
"I made this last night. My family loved it!! My sister and sister in law want me to forward the receipe. They want to re-title it. "Better than sex cheese cake"."