Frosted Chicken Salad Recipe
- 2 cups diced unpeeled red apples
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 cups diced cooked chicken
- 3/4 cup Miracle Whip
- 1/2 cup sliced seedless green grapes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups chopped celery
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup salad dressing
- Lettuce leaves
- Sliced apples and grapes for garnish
- 1. Line 1-1/2-qt. bowl with plastic wrap. Combine all salad ingredients and gently press into the bowl. Cover; chill several hours.
- 2. Carefully unmold onto a plate lined with a bed of lettuce leaves. Combine the cream cheese and salad dressing; frost salad. Garnish with apples and grapes. Chill for several hours. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup: 532 calories, 39g fat (13g saturated fat), 138mg cholesterol, 570mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 1g fiber), 30g protein .
Reviews for Frosted Chicken Salad
"This makes such a pretty presentation for parties and get-togethers. And it tastes really good, too! I add some poultry seasoning (about 1/2 teaspoon -- sorry to be imprecise, but I sprinkle it on the chicken mixture until it looks to be the right amount and then stir it in) to give it a little more pizzazz."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.