This recipe is one of my favorites! It's so simple—I can make it the night before, throw on the topping at the last minute and take it to a picnic or family gathering. —Joyce Carpenter, Darlington, Indiana
- 2 cups diced unpeeled red apples
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 cups diced cooked chicken
- 3/4 cup Miracle Whip
- 1/2 cup sliced seedless green grapes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups chopped celery
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup salad dressing
- Lettuce leaves
- Sliced apples and grapes for garnish
- Line 1-1/2-qt. bowl with plastic wrap. Combine all salad ingredients and gently press into the bowl. Cover; chill several hours.
- Carefully unmold onto a plate lined with a bed of lettuce leaves. Combine the cream cheese and salad dressing; frost salad. Garnish with apples and grapes. Chill for several hours. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Frosted Chicken Salad in Country Woman September/October 1991, p33
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Frosted Chicken Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review