Frosted Cherry Nut Bars Recipe
Cherries, nuts and chocolate chips peek out of these bars, making them impossible for folks to stop at trying just one. With their pretty look, they're especially nice to have on hand during the holidays.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 cup mixed nuts, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup halved maraschino cherries
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk and mix well. Stir in nuts, cherries and chocolate chips.
- 2. Spread into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 325° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- 3. Meanwhile, In a small heavy saucepan, cook butter over medium heat for 5-7 minutes or until golden brown. Pour into a large
- 4. bowl; beat in the confectioners’ sugar, milk and vanilla. Frost warm bars. Cool on a wire rack before cutting. Yield: about 6 dozen.
1 each: 85 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 63mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Frosted Cherry Nut Bars
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC