- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 cup mixed nuts, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup halved maraschino cherries
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk and mix well. Stir in nuts, cherries and chocolate chips.
- Spread into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 325° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, In a small heavy saucepan, cook butter over medium heat for 5-7 minutes or until golden brown. Pour into a large
- bowl; beat in the confectioners’ sugar, milk and vanilla. Frost warm bars. Cool on a wire rack before cutting. Yield: about 6 dozen.
Originally published as Frosted Cherry Nut Bars in Best of Country Cookies 1999, p80
Reviews for Frosted Cherry Nut Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review