I found this recipe in a small Better Homes and Garden cookbook I bought just before I was married in 1950. I adjusted the recipe a little by cutting the cauliflower into chunks. Then I can cook as much as I want. I like to serve this vegetable with pork as well as beef.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 cups fresh cauliflowerets
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Chopped fresh parsley, optional
- Place cauliflower and water in a small microwave-safe bowl. Cover and
- microwave on high for 4-5 minutes or until crisp-tender, stirring
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, mustard and salt. Drain
- cauliflower and place in a serving bowl. Top with mayonnaise
- mixture. Sprinkle with parsley if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 128 calories, 11 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 316 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein.