Frosted Cashew Drops Recipe
If your family likes the taste of cashews, they will love these caramel-flavored cookies. I think they make a nice nutty addition to any holiday cookie platter, but they always disappear quickly no matter what time of year I decide to serve them.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup salted cashews, chopped and toasted
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons milk
- In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until fluffy; beat in the sour cream, egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the cashews.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- For frosting, in a heavy saucepan, cook butter over medium heat for 7-9 minutes or until golden brown. Whisk in the confectioners' sugar and enough milk to achieve a smooth consistency. Spread over cooled cookies. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Originally published as Frosted Cashew Drops in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2005, p45
Reviews for Frosted Cashew Drops(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review