- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon each baking powder, baking soda and salt
- 1-1/2 cups salted cashews, coarsely chopped
- BROWNED BUTTER FROSTING:
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 3 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- Additional cashew halves, optional
- In a bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar. Beat in egg, sour cream and vanilla; mix well. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in cashews.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- For the frosting, lightly brown butter in a small saucepan. Remove from the heat; add cream and vanilla. Beat in confectioners' sugar until thick and smooth. Frost cookies. Top each with a cashew half if desired. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Reviews for Frosted Cashew Cookies
"These are requested by my kids every Christmas. One year I ran out of vanilla for the frosting and added a couple drops of maple extract. They were even more fabulous that way. Bottom line is that either way they are delicious."
"these are easy to make and taste great"
"These were wonderful and so nice and soft just the way we like them.. The only problem, which really wasn't a problem, was that they came out small and puffy. I used the cookie scoop so next time I will just make them bigger :-) Everyone loved them and I know I will make them again. Yummy!!!"
"my mother used to make these for me! I'm not a huge nut fan, but when put in cookies- u can't go wrong!"
"Delicious! Mouthwatering! Not so easy, but totally worth the effort!"