Frosted Cashew Cookies Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon each baking powder, baking soda and salt
- 1-3/4 cups salted cashew halves
- BROWNED BUTTER FROSTING:
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 3 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- Additional cashew halves, optional
- In a bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar. Beat in egg, sour cream and vanilla; mix well. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in cashews.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- For the frosting, lightly brown butter in a small saucepan. Remove from the heat; add cream and vanilla. Beat in confectioners' sugar until thick and smooth. Frost cookies. Top each with a cashew half if desired. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Reviews for Frosted Cashew Cookies(6)
Sort By :
these are easy to make and taste great
These were wonderful and so nice and soft just the way we like them.. The only problem, which really wasn't a problem, was that they came out small and puffy. I used the cookie scoop so next time I will just make them bigger :-) Everyone loved them and I know I will make them again. Yummy!!!
my mother used to make these for me! I'm not a huge nut fan, but when put in cookies- u can't go wrong!
Delicious! Mouthwatering! Not so easy, but totally worth the effort!
Yummy, Yummy, Yummy!! Highly recommend. I have made these many times, for friends, relatives and bake sales. Everyone LOVES them!!
More Recipe Collections
- Cashew Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cookie Frosting >
- Cookie Recipes >
- Cookies >
- Country Woman Desserts >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Frosting Recipes >
- Gift Recipes >