Frosted Carrot Mini Muffins Recipe
These delicate muffins, developed by the Country Woman home economists, feature the sweet goodness of carrots and coconut topped with rich, citrusy frosting. Young and old alike will love them and definitely ask for seconds...and thirds.
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup mashed cooked carrots
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons flaked coconut, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon orange juice
- 1 to 2 teaspoons milk
- 1. In a large bowl, cream the butter, shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, carrots and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture just until combined. Stir in coconut.
- 2. Fill greased or paper-lined miniature muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 400° for 12-14 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- 3. For frosting, in a small bowl, cream the butter, confectioners' sugar, orange peel and juice until light and fluffy; add enough milk to achieve desired consistency. Frost muffins. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
2 each: 170 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 126mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Frosted Carrot Mini Muffins
Reviewed Apr. 19, 2010
"convenience is paramount"
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC