- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup mashed cooked carrots
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons flaked coconut, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon orange juice
- 1 to 2 teaspoons milk
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, carrots and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture just until combined. Stir in coconut.
- Fill greased or paper-lined miniature muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 400° for 12-14 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- For frosting, in a small bowl, cream the butter, confectioners' sugar, orange peel and juice until light and fluffy; add enough milk to achieve desired consistency. Frost muffins. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Frosted Carrot Mini Muffins in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2006, p33
Reviews for Frosted Carrot Mini Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 19, 2010
"convenience is paramount"