- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, oil, buttermilk, sugar and vanilla until well blended. Combine the flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into egg mixture until blended. Stir in the pineapple, carrots, raisins, nuts and coconut.
- Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- In another large bowl, combine frosting ingredients; beat until creamy. Frost cake. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Reviews for Frosted Carrot Cake(23)
Sort By :
I have made this cake for years for my son's birthday. His birthday, Christmas, would not be complete without it. It's moist, dense, flavorful and simply the best! I don't even bother ordering carrot cake out anymore?.nothing measures up to this carrot cake.
This is a very good cake, I made it for my church, and for my family Christmas get together, everybody raved about it as being a fantastic cake. It's the best
sounds wonderful!! could you put the cake mix in 2- 9" round pans to make a layered dessert? how long would you bake the rounds and would you need to make more frosting?
must have to try.it's just amazing.love it.
thank you home of taste for sharing your experience and taste with us.
This is the best tasting and moist Carrot Cake. I omittedthe coconut and was still absolutely moist and delicious. I will be making this recipe over and over again. Thanks for sharing this wonderful recipe!