- a spoon; turn onto a well-floured surface. Roll into a 16-in. x
- 12-in. rectangle. Combine filling ingredients with a fork; spread
- evenly over the dough. Cut dough lengthwise into three strips. Roll
- up jelly-roll style, beginning at a long end; pinch edges and ends
- to seal. Place three rolls diagonally, seam side down, on a
- foil-lined 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Braid ropes together
- gently (do not stretch); seal ends. Cover and let rise until
- doubled, about 1 hour. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until
- golden brown. Remove from pan and cool slightly on wire rack. For
- frosting, heat butter in a saucepan over low heat until golden
- brown; cool slightly. Stir in sugar and vanilla. Stir in enough
- water to make a spreadable consistency. Frost top of braid;
- immediately sprinkle with pecans. Yield: 1 loaf.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 650 calories, 30 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 91 mg cholesterol, 556 mg sodium, 89 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 10 g protein.