Mary Fox from Forest City, Iowa dresses up a boxed mix to create these moist brownies with from-scratch taste. "This recipe is good, it has to be shared," she says. "It uses abut half of a can of prepared frosting. Save the rest, because you'll make them again."
- 1 package fudge brownie mix (13-inch x 9-inch pan size)
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup milk chocolate frosting
- Prepare brownie mix according to package directions. Fold in the sour cream, chocolate chips and walnuts into batter.
- Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack. Frost. Cut into bars. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Frosted Cake Brownies in Quick Cooking May/June 2003, p10
Reviews for Frosted Cake Brownies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review