Frosted Butter Cookies Recipe
"These cookies melt in your mouth...even when they're not frosted," writes Sharon Pickerd from her home in Sparta, Michigan. "The recipe was handed down years ago from a cousin who tasted the golden treats at a children's fund-raiser."
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 1-3/4 cups sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- Prepared vanilla frosting
- Food coloring and decorating sprinkles, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolk. Gradually add flour and mix well.
- 2. Roll into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Flatten with a glass dipped in flour.Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- 3. Tint frosting with food coloring if desired. Frost cookies. Decorate as desired. Yield: 4-1/2 dozen.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC