Frosted Butter Cookies
"These cookies melt in your mouth...even when they're not frosted," writes Sharon Pickerd from her home in Sparta, Michigan. "The recipe was handed down years ago from a cousin who tasted the golden treats at a children's fund-raiser."
27 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 1-3/4 cups sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 4 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- Prepared vanilla frosting
- Food coloring and decorating sprinkles, optional
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat
- in egg yolk. Gradually add flour and mix well.
- Roll into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Flatten with a glass dipped in flour.Bake at 375° for 8-10
- minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- Tint frosting with food coloring if desired. Frost cookies. Decorate
- as desired. Yield: 4-1/2 dozen.