Frosted Brown Sugar Cookies Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- BROWN SUGAR FROSTING:
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a small bowl, cream butter and brown sugar. Beat in egg and sour cream; mix well. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- 2. Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 9-11 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- 3. For frosting, in a small saucepan, melt butter over low heat; add brown sugar. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Gradually add the milk. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat. Stir in confectioners' sugar. Cool for 20-30 minutes. Frost cooled cookies. Yield: about 2 dozen.
2 each: 335 calories, 14g fat (8g saturated fat), 55mg cholesterol, 239mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (37g sugars, trace fiber), 3g protein
Reviews for Frosted Brown Sugar Cookies
"These are soooooo good!!"
"These cookies are seriously delicious, and I am not a fan of cakey cookies HOWEVER I think there must be a typo in the recipe because when I followed the directions and let the frosting cool for 20-30 minutes it harden and was unusable. I remelted it and put it immediately on the cookies and it hardened nicely on these cookies like the picture, so I think it means the recipe should read 20-30 seconds. I will definitely make these again though - the were amazing with hot chocolate."