Frosted Brown Sugar Cookies Recipe
These old-fashioned, cake-like cookies are sweet and buttery. They pair equally well with a glass of cold milk or a cup of hot coffee.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 10 min. + cooling YIELD:12 servings
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- BROWN SUGAR FROSTING:
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a small bowl, cream butter and brown sugar. Beat in egg and sour cream; mix well. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- 2. Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 9-11 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- 3. For frosting, in a small saucepan, melt butter over low heat; add brown sugar. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Gradually add the milk. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat. Stir in confectioners' sugar. Cool for 20-30 minutes. Frost cooled cookies. Yield: about 2 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 335 calories, 14 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 55 mg cholesterol, 239 mg sodium, 51 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC