Frosted Blackberry Cake Recipe
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (1 ounce) sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 package (.3 ounce) sugar-free raspberry gelatin
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup egg substitute
- 1 jar (10 ounces) seedless blackberry spreadable fruit
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, pudding mix and gelatin. In a small bowl, beat the eggs, egg substitute, spreadable fruit, applesauce and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- 2. Pour into a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 30-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine icing ingredients until smooth. Spread over cooled cake. Yield: 20 servings.
1 piece: 272 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 270mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (35g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Frosted Blackberry Cake
"I have made this cake several time. With the frosting is just too sweet for my family. I make mine now in a bundt pan without frosting and have tried different flavors- our favorites are peach and strawberry! It's a very easy recipe and very good. Best thing is it is diabetic friendly!"
"This is a favorite for me. I acctually have had it requested by others."
"I absolutely love this cake! Yummy!"