Frosted Anise Sugar Cookies Recipe
These soft, cake-like cookies have a pleasant anise flavor that's distinct but not overpowering. I add red and green sprinkles for Christmas, but you could decorate them to suit any occasion.—Janice Eanni, Willowick, Ohio
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon anise extract
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 4 teaspoons butter, softened
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup whole milk
- Colored sprinkles, optional
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and extracts. In another bowl, whisk flour and baking powder; gradually beat into creamed mixture.
- 2. Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake 8-10 minutes or until light brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- 3. For glaze, in a large bowl, mix confectioners' sugar, butter, vanilla and enough milk to achieve spreading consistency. Dip tops of cookies into glaze. If desired, decorate with sprinkles. Let stand until set. Yield: 7 dozen.
1 cookie equals 82 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 42 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Frosted Anise Sugar Cookies
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC