Frosted Anise Cookies Recipe
I love anise flavoring, and my nana loved sugar cookies, so I put them together. These have a soft, from-scratch texture. It’s hard to stop at just one! —Rachele Angeloni, North Providence, Rhode Island
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling YIELD:42 servings
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon anise extract
- 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
- Holiday sprinkles
- 1. Cream butter and sugar in a large bowl until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and extract. Combine the flour, baking soda and baking powder; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- 2. Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 9-11 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- 3. Spread cookies with frosting and decorate with sprinkles. Let stand until set. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 3-1/2 dozen.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC