- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon anise extract
- 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
- Holiday sprinkles
- Cream butter and sugar in a large bowl until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and extract. Combine the flour, baking soda and baking powder; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 9-11 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- Spread cookies with frosting and decorate with sprinkles. Let stand until set. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 3-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Frosted Anise Cookies
"Great results from this recipe. These seemed easy to make and the family all loved them.Will add this to my favorites file !"
"I don't like anise flavoring but these cookies are really great. It's my new tradition for baking for my grandparents who do love the flavoring. Everyone enjoys them."
"YUMMY!!! This is a wonderful recipe! People who normally don't like anise flavor even liked these. I also tried them with almond flavor in place of the anise (and in the frosting as well) and they were equally tasty!Note: I increased the flour by 1/2 cup because I live at a higher elevation."