Frosted Anise Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon anise extract
- 2-3/4 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
- Holiday sprinkles
- Cream butter and sugar in a large bowl until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and extract. Combine the flour, baking soda and baking powder; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 9-11 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- Spread cookies with frosting and decorate with sprinkles. Let stand until set. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 3-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Frosted Anise Cookies(2)
Sort By :
I don't like anise flavoring but these cookies are really great. It's my new tradition for baking for my grandparents who do love the flavoring. Everyone enjoys them.
YUMMY!!! This is a wonderful recipe! People who normally don't like anise flavor even liked these. I also tried them with almond flavor in place of the anise (and in the frosting as well) and they were equally tasty!
Note: I increased the flour by 1/2 cup because I live at a higher elevation.