I love anise flavoring, and my nana loved sugar cookies, so I put them together. These have a soft, from-scratch texture. It’s hard to stop at just one! —Rachele Angeloni, North Providence, Rhode Island
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon anise extract
- 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
- Holiday sprinkles
- Cream butter and sugar in a large bowl until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and extract. Combine the flour, baking soda and baking powder; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 9-11 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- Spread cookies with frosting and decorate with sprinkles. Let stand until set. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 3-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Frosted Anise Cookies in Simple & Delicious October/November 2012, p36
Reviews for Frosted Anise Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review