Frost-On-The-Pumpkin Pie Recipe
Like the spices in traditional pumpkin pie? Then try this tasty twist from Tammy Covey of Huntington, Arkansas. "Most people make this cool fluffy version for the holidays, but I think it's wonderful anytime of year," she says.
- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 24 squares)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup whipped topping
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Set aside 1 tablespoon for topping. Press remaining crumb mixture onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. pie plate. Bake at 350° for 7-9 minutes or until crust just begins to brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the frosting, pumpkin, sour cream, cinnamon, ginger and cloves. Fold in whipped topping. Spoon into crust. Sprinkle with the reserved crumb mixture. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 507 calories, 26 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 40 mg cholesterol, 307 mg sodium, 63 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC