Frost-On-The-Pumpkin Pie Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 24 squares)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup whipped topping
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Set aside 1 tablespoon for topping. Press remaining crumb mixture onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. pie plate. Bake at 350° for 7-9 minutes or until crust just begins to brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, combine the frosting, pumpkin, sour cream, cinnamon, ginger and cloves. Fold in whipped topping. Spoon into crust. Sprinkle with the reserved crumb mixture. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Frost-On-The-Pumpkin Pie in Quick Cooking September/October 2002, p58
Reviews for Frost-On-The-Pumpkin Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 10, 2013
"I've made this for years! Everyone loves this. One thing I do is put cool whip on top and sprinkle some of the crumbs on top. It just looks pretty!"
Reviewed Oct. 20, 2012
"this is an excellent pumpkin pie. it went first of 4 other pie's"