Frontier Chowder Recipe
The smoky hint of bacon in this chowder makes me think of cooking over a campfire; that's why I named it as I did. While it's simmering, I toss a salad and bake some biscuits for a meal that's ready in next to no time.—Maggie Rogers, Elizabethtown, Kentucky
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 can (11-1/4 ounces) condensed bean and bacon soup, undiluted
- 1 can (17 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 cup water
- 1. In a large saucepan, cook beef with green pepper and onion until the beef is no longer pink; drain. Stir in soups, corn and water. Cover and simmer 30 minutes to blend flavors. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
1 serving (1 cup) equals 224 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 29 mg cholesterol, 704 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 14 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC