- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 can (11-1/4 ounces) condensed bean and bacon soup, undiluted
- 1 can (17 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 cup water
- In a large saucepan, cook beef with green pepper and onion until the beef is no longer pink; drain. Stir in soups, corn and water. Cover and simmer 30 minutes to blend flavors. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
Originally published as Frontier Chowder in Country Ground Beef 1993, p22
Reviews for Frontier Chowder
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 12, 2011
"It was very simple to make. It reminded me of stuffed peppers. Similar ingredients. I would definitely make again."
Reviewed Oct. 2, 2010
"Very Quick, very tasty, very hearty, very little prep. What more can you ask for?"