The smoky hint of bacon in this chowder makes me think of cooking over a campfire; that's why I named it as I did. While it's simmering, I toss a salad and bake some biscuits for a meal that's ready in next to no time.—Maggie Rogers, Elizabethtown, Kentucky
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 can (11-1/4 ounces) condensed bean and bacon soup, undiluted
- 1 can (17 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 cup water
- In a large saucepan, cook beef with green pepper and onion until the beef is no longer pink; drain. Stir in soups, corn and water. Cover and simmer 30 minutes to blend flavors. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
Originally published as Frontier Chowder in Country Ground Beef 1993, p22
Reviews for Frontier Chowder
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review