From the Garden Soup Recipe
I love eating and making soup all year long but don't always have the time needed to prepare it. This tasty soup is cooked in the microwave for added convenience.
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1-1/2 cups chopped fresh broccoli
- 1 medium carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 cup shredded lettuce or spinach
- 1. In a 2-qt. microwave-safe bowl, combine froth, soy sauce, sugar, thyme, basil and onion powder. In a small bowl, combine water and cornstarch; stir until smooth. Add to the broth. Cover and microwave on high for 5 minutes or until broth comes to a boil. Add broccoli and carrot; cover and microwave on high for 3 minutes. Stir in lettuce; cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 48 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 94mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable.
Reviews for From the Garden Soup
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC