- 16 cups water
- 1 large sweet onion, quartered
- 3 tablespoons seafood seasoning
- 2 medium lemons, halved, optional
- 1 pound small red potatoes
- 1 pound smoked kielbasa or fully cooked hot links, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 medium ears sweet corn, cut into thirds
- 2 pounds uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Seafood cocktail sauce
- Melted butter
- Additional seafood seasoning
- In a stockpot, combine water, onion, seafood seasoning and, if desired, lemons; bring to a boil. Add potatoes; cook, uncovered, 10 minutes. Add kielbasa and corn; return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 10-12 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Add shrimp; cook 2-3 minutes longer or until shrimp turn pink.
- Drain; transfer to a large serving bowl. Serve with cocktail sauce, butter and additional seasoning. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Frogmore Stew in Taste of Home Recipes Across America 2013, p114
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Frogmore Stew
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review