Frittata with Creole Sauce Recipe
"My husband loves this frittata for breakfast, brunch or dinner," writes Rebecca Anderson from Melissa, Texas. "He's a meat-and-potatoes guy but doesn't miss the meat one bit when I serve this."
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach, coarsely chopped
- 3 to 6 drops hot pepper sauce
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Add tomatoes and spinach; cook and stir until spinach is wilted and tomatoes are heated through. Stir in pepper sauce; set aside.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, water, salt, thyme and pepper. Pour egg mixture into an 8-in. skillet coated with cooking spray. Cover and cook over medium heat for 3-4 minutes or until completely set. Sprinkle with cheese. Remove from the heat. Cover and let stand for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is slightly melted. Serve with sauce. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 268 calories, 14g fat (4g saturated fat), 429mg cholesterol, 703mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 3g fiber), 17g protein .
Reviews for Frittata with Creole Sauce
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC