Frittata Florentine Recipe
“This has huge flavor and is good for you.” Thanks to the eggs, cheese and spinach, you get a dose of phosphorus and calcium, too, which contribute to healthier bones. Jenny Flake - Gilbert, AZ
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 6 egg whites
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 turkey bacon strips, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. In a small bowl, whisk the first six ingredients; set aside. In an 8-in. ovenproof skillet, saute onion, red pepper and bacon in oil until tender. Reduce heat; top with spinach.
- 2. Pour reserved egg mixture over spinach. As eggs set, push cooked edges toward the center, letting uncooked portion flow underneath until eggs are nearly set. Sprinkle with basil and cheese.
- 3. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until eggs are completely set. Let stand for 5 minutes. Cut into wedges. Yield: 4 servings.
1 wedge equals 176 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 174 mg cholesterol, 451 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 15 g protein.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC