- 6 egg whites
- 3 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 turkey bacon strips, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a small bowl, whisk the first six ingredients; set aside. In an 8-in. ovenproof skillet, saute onion, red pepper and bacon in oil until tender. Reduce heat; top with spinach.
- Pour reserved egg mixture over spinach. As eggs set, push cooked edges toward the center, letting uncooked portion flow underneath until eggs are nearly set. Sprinkle with basil and cheese.
- Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until eggs are completely set. Let stand for 5 minutes. Cut into wedges. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Frittata Florentine
Sort By :
Perfect as written; have made this many times!
Always good. If time is short, use a spinach/artichoke dip with cheese (TGIF) as the base and add onion, mixed peppers if you want.
We make this a lot when I need something quick and satisfying to feed the kids. I usually have all the ingredients and it can be easily modified with whatever you have on hand like instead of bacon I have used turkey sausage.
In answer to Raven05032's question about using egg whites, my dh has high chorlestrol and I use egg whites all the time, but my secret is that I add a drop of yellow food coloring per white and he says you can't tell the difference. Yellow food coloring is fine foe adults, but maybe not so good for some children.PS. It's cheaper than egg beaters and only about 17 calories per white.
I made this morning for my family and we all loved it! It wasn't difficult to make. It was not too heavy yet definitely filling. The flavor was delicious. The only change I made was using regular bacon instead of turkey bacon (I figured it was only 2 slices, not all that bad nutrtionally!)
More Recipe Collections
- Breakfast Egg Recipes >
- Breakfast Meat Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Brunch Egg Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Egg Recipes >
- Eggs Recipes >
- Frittata >
- Healthy Breakfast Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Breakfast Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Italian Breakfast >
- Italian Brunch >