“This has huge flavor and is good for you.” Thanks to the eggs, cheese and spinach, you get a dose of phosphorus and calcium, too, which contribute to healthier bones. Jenny Flake - Gilbert, AZ
- 6 large egg whites
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 turkey bacon strips, chopped
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat broiler. In a small bowl, whisk the first six ingredients.
- In an 8-in. ovenproof skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion, red pepper and bacon; cook and stir 4-5 minutes or until onion is tender. Reduce heat to medium-low; top with spinach.
- Pour in egg mixture. As eggs set, push cooked portions toward the center, letting uncooked eggs flow underneath; cook until eggs are nearly thickened. Remove from heat; sprinkle with basil, then cheese.
- Broil 3-4 in. from heat 2-3 minutes or until eggs are completely set. Let stand 5 minutes. Cut into wedges. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Frittata Florentine in Healthy Cooking August/September 2009, p43
Reviews for Frittata Florentine
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review