Frightfully Good Cakes Recipe
If there is one word to describe these one- or two-bite cakes, it is EASY! Use different Halloween candies to make different cakes, such as "Boo" or Frankenstein. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 loaf (10-3/4 ounces) frozen pound cake, thawed
- 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
- Green, orange and black paste food coloring, optional
- 4 ounces white candy coating, chopped
- Halloween candies and miniature marshmallows
- 1. Level top of the cake; cut into 1/2-in. slices. Place on a wire rack over a baking sheet.
- 2. Spoon frosting into a microwave-safe bowl; microwave, uncovered, on high for 20 seconds. Stir; repeat until frosting no longer holds a peak. (Do not overheat.) Tint some of the frosting with green and/or orange food coloring. Slowly pour frosting over cakes, coating top and sides. If necessary, use frosting drippings and reheat. Let stand for 30 minutes or until set.
- 3. For words, melt white coating in a microwave-safe bowl; stir until smooth. Tint with food coloring. Transfer to a pastry or plastic bag; cut a hole in the corner of bag. Pipe words onto waxed paper. Let stand for 15 minutes or until set. Carefully remove from paper and position on cakes. Add faces, candies and marshmallows as desired. Yield: 14 servings.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC